Currently, we are seeking Construction Project Manager to spend most of their time in New York City and the Long Island area troubleshooting construction-related problems as well as having the ability to implement solutions appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Construction Manager/Superintendents daily activities, job logs and job updates
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work breakdown structure which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, budget, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization, on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the deliverable scope
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date, project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality
- Proficiency with blueprint reading and mechanical drawings
- Review and approve Subcontractor and Vendor invoices
- Ensures that project documentation is correctly archived and updated
- Interface with municipal agencies, City & County Inspectors as needed to maintain positive relations in support of project needs
- Expediting vendor estimates and proposals and preparing appropriate company estimates and proposals together with any change orders to be submitted to Architects, Agents and/or Owners for approval
- Coordinate punch list with Superintendents by trade for projects
- Recruit and train qualified personnel, trades and vendors
- Well versed in the following trades: rough & finish carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, tile installation, etc
- 1-year minimum experience in a project management role
- Minimum 5+ years of field experience in construction management with General Contracting, Construction Management, or Development companies
- Military background a plus
Experience in New York is preferred; Construction field supervision and/or project management skills; Self-starter with ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and contribute productively in a team environment.
Please email all resumes to email@example.com with salary expectations and earliest start date.
Only local candidates or candidates willing to move to New York area will be considered.