Currently, we are seeking Global Laboratory Computing Technology Technicians who are experienced providing client IT assistance. Skills that are required, but not limited to, are:
- Problem determination and resolution, upgrading R & D lab PC s with new hardware, software, Windows operating systems, network connectivity, anti-virus on Microsoft Windows workstations in an R & D laboratory environment.
- At least 3+ years of general Windows experience. Windows O/S expertise is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, using the expertise of others alongside yourself to solve lab problems. Ability to communicate effectively, i.e., able to listen to others about lab issues, and ability to effectively communicate with other team members.
- Ability to effectively follow and document procedures. Ability to respond in a timely manner to service tickets; while following company procedures on completing ticketing documentation.
- Ability to keep inventory system up to date. Provide computer systems administration & operational support for Microsoft Windows 7 and above. Familiarity with legacy o/s such as XP is a plus.
- Responsible for installation and troubleshooting of hardware, security and data protection including patching and antivirus, service availability monitoring, backups/restores, software licensing management, some Active Directory, and other routine administration tasks.
- Knowledge of networks, LAN s, WAN s, Wi-Fi, VLAN s, TCP/IP and other protocols, plus network firewall isolation, cat-5e/cat-6 cabling Contribute to and follow operating discipline and computer policies for effective computer system management.
- Provide application installation and some development support for in-house software tools Modify or automate general computer applications using macros/scripting or with specialized utility programs.
- Consult/recommend/purchase/install computer hardware, software, and related peripherals Troubleshoot and solve complex computer hardware issues hard drives, network adapters, RAM, interface cards, etc.
- Provide support for standalone Windows systems, hardware and peripherals in the R D laboratories
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills Willing and able to work in a team environment Responsibilities: Key job responsibility will be providing primary hardware/software support for 1000+ Microsoft Windows workstations and tablets in an R D laboratory environment.
- Travel may be required
- Qualified Military Veterans Strongly preferred
Please email all resumes to email@example.com with salary expectations and earliest start date.